Friday, April 04, 2008

Like the desert misses the rain.

There is something odd about missing someone. I think Alex said it best once: That when you really miss someone, you feel like you're dying. That's about how I feel right now.

The biggest mistake I've ever made (other than referencing that song in this post's title) was leaving Alex a week earlier than I'd originally planned to. His birthday is today, April 4, and there's a big Johan the Angel show with Musee Mechanique at Kilby Court. And I'm missing them both.

There's that song, "What A Difference A Day Makes," or maybe it's just an idiom, but I think it's an old song. Anyway, the only difference these days are making is that my suffering is being drawn out. The worst part is that I did this to myself.

I know in a few weeks I won't hurt like this anymore, but right now it's pretty much unbearable.

On the bright side, I'm at level 37 on Bubble Bobble, and I'm not as sick anymore (I was pretty sick all week). Other than that, life at home is its typical, boring self, and as much as I love my family, I can't wait to get back on schedule.

2 comments:

Meg Ruth said...

What day do you go into the MTC again?

We'll be in Utah the weekend of the 26th. Will you be back in Provo b then? Can I see you before you leave?!

Little Lisa said...

I'm afraid you can't, dear MegRuth. Because I'll be in the MTC. Are you just there for the weekend? I'm guessing so. I think there's a cookie drop-off point at the MTC though, should you feel so inclined.

And hey, I'll be back before you know it!