Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A little off the top

My new love: shortbread cookies with a spot of jam. I grew up imagining they'd be disgusting, like Fig Newtons or those raisin bars that would induce irreversible car sickness on family road trips. Now I can't believe I've been missing out on those my entire life. Kind of like sweet potatoes and yams. I didn't try those until maybe three years ago. Who knew they tasted like candy, given enough butter and sugar. Well, anything does.

Friday marks a turning point for me: I am quitting two days of piano teaching per week and Friday is my last day. I am excited. I have been wanting this day to come for many weeks.

Jeff and I both have two weeks off for Christmas, so we will not be in Houston. Dallas, Austin, I wish New Orleans.

Houston is 76 degrees today.

Christmas is in ten days?! I am not done shopping.

Ten days 'til Christmas means 17 days 'til Paleo. January 1, 2011 Jeff and I will stop consuming certain foods, anything not included in this little ditty.

Meats and veggies,
Nuts and seeds,
Some fruit,
Little starch,
NO SUGAR!

It's part of our quest to attain the bodies and level of fitness we've always yearned for. Also an active fight against hyperinsulinism, and therefore obesity, cancer, diabetes, alzheimer's, and general sickness. We are excited and not-so-excited to give up chocolate milk, our Monday night IceDream cones at Chic Fil-A, bread, cheese, etc., but we will be glad we did once we conquer our addiction to sugar.

I love that man of mine.

1 comment:

Lani said...

You're coming to Austin?!! Let me know when because I have no set plans for the next two weeks besides exploring Austin. Adrian is actually off as well. Give me a call!!