Friday, August 24, 2012

coming along

We made a decision about the wall texture, or rather, we have a step one. Tomorrow (also my birthday--Lisa, it's your birthday. Happy birthday, Lisa) I will purchase a bucket of joint compound at Home Depot, as well as one of those scraper trowel things, and give it a go in our closet. All we have to do is scrape a few layers of joint compound over every wall and ceiling surface in our entire house, and then we will have smooth walls. Yay! YouTube makes every DIY project possible.

Anyone ever spray-painted metal folding chairs before? We've got two I'd love to see a new color, instead of the bland taupe they currently are.

My friend Jen dyed my hair last night. It is so dark. I don't recognize myself.

I wish I could tell you Jeff and I are doing something fun for my birthday, but with school starting Monday (both his work and his Masters) I think just dinner out will have to suffice. Oh and also we are speaking in church Sunday, so I guess we get to write talks too.

(Note to parents: Please don't ever have a child right at the end of summer. Your child's birthday will always be overshadowed by last minute summer vacations, or school prep, or any other of the gazillion obligations that arise right before the school year. No one will ever be able to come to their birthday parties, and they will give up even having a birthday party because it's too sad to have no one come. Please, don't do it).

At least I will always have Michael.

Happy Birthday Lisa from Gautham Ganesan on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Jana said...

My sister's bdady is Aug 20th and I remember many of her birthdays while we were on the road for family vacations. My bday is in January and my dad was almost always out of town for annual sales conferences and then when I was working I was the one at the beginning of the year conferences on my bday. Funny thing. Anyway, HAPPY BDAY LISA! Nothing quite like a DIY project to ensure an excellent stress free birthday, haha!

Unknown said...

aaaaah touche...my bday was yesterday. But I've always liked having an august bday?!?! Happy birthday my dear Lisa! You rock!