Tuesday, June 14, 2011

BouBou the Birthday Boy

He came home from work less than thrilled.

BouBou was so lucky to teach the same class of students two years in a row. Teach For America may not have delivered on much, but it delivered on the kids. They were the sweetest group of students a teacher could imagine.

BouBou started teaching a new crop last week at the start of summer school, and so far, they are troublesome.

So somebody came home a very grumpy boy. And that's not okay for my BB.

Even though the evening started rough, it ended well, as evidenced by this picture.



I cooked a london broil for dinner--a little too done, but when do I not overcook my meats--and my signature green beans and almonds. Then we went to Costco to buy spinach and salsa, because those are a breakfast food group chez Ward. We closed out our night with the most divine brownie known to mankind, sold only at Barnaby's Cafe in Houston. Wowee. This is a 6" x 6" square of cocoa-infused splendor, topped with homemade vanilla bean ice cream. Party time in my mouth for sure.

He made off with some pretty good gifts. A bunch of shirts, because he (gasp!) wears a small now.



The game "In A Pickle", which neither of us have ever played, but it looked cool.



Converse hi-tops, because every deadlifting Crossfit fool's gotta wear them hi-tops.



A headlamp, both because he wanted one and I have been on an emergency preparedness overload lately.



And the big winner of the night: two tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld's comedy show here in Houston. Yeah, so I went a little overboard this year, but half of this stuff we would have bought anyway. I love you! Mega yay for BB's Birthday!!! Let's do it again!

No comments: