Sunday, August 21, 2011

Good times only

Sometimes my man makes me so happy. I love him so much.

I found out about a month ago that my best friend/best mission companion "Mo" (short for Sister Morrill) is getting married Labor Day Weekend. THIS IS GREAT NEWS!! And I am so happy for her. The sad news was that this is also the weekend of my first anniversary with Jeff, which trumps the wedding. One year already! I can't believe it.

I had written off going until a week or so ago, when Jeff and I both started feeling so insane from the heat here that we started toying with the idea of a Utah/Colorado/anywhere trip. This toy wasn't very fun when we saw how much it would cost. So, I wrote it off again. No big deal. It's just my best friend's wedding but no big.

Fast forward to last night when Jeff started looking at flights to Utah again. What? Why? I saw why. He had the best dates and times picked out for me to fly to Utah and be back in time for our Monday off, so we can celebrate our anniversary that day. WOW. He is the best ever! So now I get to have my cake (celebrate my 1st anniversary of ETERNITY with my beloved) and eat it too (go to Mo's wedding!). I am so ecstatic. I fell asleep smiling last night. I woke up smiling this morning. I am smiling as I write this blog post. Jeff Ward is the best husband there ever was!

As soon as Jeff had bought the ticket last night, I called Mo and told her I was coming, but she already knew!! She said Jeff e-mailed her earlier in the week and said he was doing all he could to make it possible for me to go to her wedding. Wow-wee. How special is he?! I am overjoyed.

I started my new calling as choir director today. It went well. Nothing else to report on that front.

Jeff and I teach Primary too. The Valiant 8 class. I told them my birthday was this week. Naturally, the kids wanted to know how old I'll be. I told them to guess. One boy said 38. Another girl said 30.

I need a maroon or dark green something to wear for Mo's wedding. I'm thinking of one of these with a pencil skirt I already own (though I wouldn't mind getting a new one). Tell me what you think!

Number one


Number two


Number three
-- UPDATE: Very unfortunately, this shirt is not available in my size. Phooey! It was my fave.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

numero dos. for sure. p.s. you have a nice hubby :-)

sarah savage said...

ok my fave is the one from madewell. the color's great, the cut is flattering, and the material is chic. that's the one i'd pick. second choice would be the red silk one from zara.

Mike & Andrea said...

Okay LOVE the green polka dot top! That's my fave! What a great husband you have Lisa! I'm so happy you are so happy.

Jim/Blog said...

if you ever need a place to stay while you're in utah, we have an extra room in provo. seriously.