Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rock it

I have so many things I SHOULD say, but what I will say is this:

I LOVE ROASTED BROCCOLI!!!

I had only eaten steamed and raw broccoli for my entire life until tonight. I had five (yes, five) heads of broccoli in the fridge and we needed a veggie to go with our meatloaf. Jeff GROANNNNNED when I told him I would probably make the green beans I literally always make, so I decided to spice things up and try a new broccoli recipe.

Thank you, Rachael Ray. I don't care for you, but you did good on this one.

I did my usual thing and didn't measure anything. Turned out great. That Montreal Steak seasoning should be a staple in your spice cupboard if it's not already.

We loved the broccoli so much that I made more! Three more heads in the oven as I write this. It smells DIVINE and I can't wait to eat it.

I also made this ice cream, which I frankly think is divine, but Jeff and our friend Sarah who came for dinner didn't care for it much. Then again, I haven't eaten sugar, or even honey, for a month, so anything reminiscent of sweets tastes like candy to me.

I am nearly three weeks in to Whole30 #2. All my new pants are loose and I'm feeling great. Our CF box is starting a box-wide Whole30 October 10, just three days after I finish mine. I think I might just Whole30 myself all the way until Thanksgiving! May as well.

Life is great! Oh yeah, I love my hubby so much! He always says the nicest things to me. I hope your hubbies are too, if you have one. And if not, find one who will shower you with due compliments. Better yet, be the kind of wife that deserves a compliment. I think that's the greatest aim.

1 comment:

LJ said...

Okay, mostly unrelated, but Adam and I are starting the Whole30 this week. Wish us luck...you're the one who started it!