Sunday, September 11, 2011

Utah and stuff

I've been back from Utah for almost a full week, long enough to feel like I never went!

I had an absolutely fantastic time. Look at the pics and see for yourself.

JCW: Super yum fry sauce! The burger itself was such a let down. Crazy to think I used to love this burger. The patty was thin. The bun was dry. The guac was nonexistent. Even the burger I've liked least here in Houston was better than this one. At least the fry sauce was a winner!



Here's Mo, talking to some lady on the phone. Mo and her man were trying to leave for the temple at this point, but that lady would not stop talking! Doesn't she look beautiful? I did her makeup! Can't take credit for the hair though. She looks so great. I may have mentioned before that Mo is the LEAST girly person I have ever met in my life. Seeing her like this was a real treat. She took my breath away all day! Can't imagine what her hubs Riley was feeling all day!



The Vernal temple is truly exquisite, if you're into old buildings like I am. It is unique in that it's one of three temples to have been built from existing structures. In this case, the building was a tabernacle before being dedicated as a temple in 1997. It's tastefully decorated inside with numerous antiques. All the fabrics hearken back to pioneer patterns. There was beautiful stenciling on all the walls. Any new furniture looked handmade; the love and care is visible in each piece. I loved it! (Should have taken this picture on the Moroni side, though).



Here are the two lovebirds taking a break from pictures after the sealing. They were in their own little world, as it should be! I felt incredibly honored that Mo had me stand in all her family pictures. Just her and Riley, her parents, and me! She is my best friend in the whole world other than that man o' mine. Spiritual bosom buddies for life! I am continually blessed by her example to me those six months as mission comps.



As is usually the case when kids are around, I took it upon myself to be the kids' entertainment for awhile. We tried playing Mother, May I, but the little ones couldn't grasp it. We switched to Simon Says and it took off! On the left you can see Brett in the process of pushing over Tyson. So funny. My favorite is little Wyatt up front. When I went to Whiterocks for Mo's homecoming talk last May (2010), Mr. Wyatt was maybe 18 months and so sweet. Turns out he was getting really sick that day, so he let me carry him all day. I was pretty much in heaven! I have always loved kids. They are so special. Sorry if I ever try to steal yours.



I ate and ate to my heart's content while I was there, knowing I was coming back to start a Whole30. I am on Day 6 and I'm feeling great! Almost through the tired, super hungry phase. I should be on top of my game by Saturday for Fight Gone Bad!

Please consider donating! Even just $10 helps! All proceeds go to benefit the children of our nation's fallen soldiers as they seek college education.

No comments: