Friday, October 21, 2011

Useless

Did you know I am pretty much useless unless some form of music is playing? This could mean I am listening to music or singing. Singing out loud means I can still be productive; singing in my head means I am probably not productive because my thoughts are consumed by song.

In the 1+ year I have worked for this oil and gas firm, I have noticed that I am VERY unproductive at office work if no music is playing. Most days I remember to turn some on. Other days, like today, I forget. Except that I did just listen to almost all of Sheryl Crow's greatest hits album. I am a little embarrassed to say this because I don't really like Sheryl Crow, but she has the same song style as Lucinda Williams who I love, but I can't listen to Lucinda Williams or I'll get her songs stuck in my head and then sing them around Jeff who hates Lucinda Williams.

I am most productive when I listen to Radiohead, specifically any albums after (and including) "Kid A." I noticed this was the case as well during school when I had to write a bunch of articles or design a bunch of magazines. If I listen to something like Petula Clark's smash hit "Downtown" I become an interpretive dancer. See, I have to be careful.

I will say one more funny thing or maybe two. On Sunday the Primary presidency announced the ice cream party after the program practice tomorrow. My class favorite, Andrew, who is basically an old man in a nine-year-old's body, suddenly looked like he was going to cry. Turns out he has missed the ice cream party for the past FIVE years because of tennis practice, and he was so sad about it. I am not sure he was telling the truth because he was four-years-old five years ago, and a Sunbeam who had little to no long-term memory. Regardless, he was very sad to miss the mediocre ice cream at the ice cream party.

Next is another of our little class members, who is getting baptized along with his sister tomorrow. I was at their house a few weeks ago with the missionaries to teach a lesson. They brought out their guinea pig Johnny, who is really cute. Then the sister ran in her room and came running back out moments later with something made of red satin in her hands. I thought it was a cape to make Johnny a super hero. Actually it was a pair of underpants from her Build-A-Bear. So we had a great laugh while the kids put the panties on Johnny. He looked hot. I would post some of the pictures I took, but it's probably not right to post pictures of someone else's child on the Interweb.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes. I did know this. (answering your very fist sentence.) lol. I remember you always having music on when you were doing things...cleaning...h/w...singing. lol. oh how i miss ya!

Little Lisa said...

But not my music! Good thing I could turn down the bass on my woofer :)

Miss you too, Aarean. Sometimes random things will come to mind from that year and I get a good laugh in. I couldn't have asked for better roommates.