Monday, February 23, 2004

So Long

You know, life really does get hard sometimes, but it's all for the good. We may have really intense trials, but we once we've overcome them we're always better people. Always. I've learned that the hard way, but after going through what I've been through these past few months I am such a better person. I really know what I want in life. I won't let myself make silly mistakes again. I am more ambitious in obtaining the things I want most. I know more what's important and what's not. I know who my true friends are. That's a beautiful thing.

This past week has been crazy. Like no joke, crazy. I was at Eddie's last night til 2 am. Had a lot of fun at his little acoustic night; no lefty guitars though and mine was at home so I didn't play til after everyone had left and I was chilling with Jordan, singing him to sleep with my dyslexic guitar-playing (right-handed Taylor flipped). But it was fun.

Saturday night went to a hockey game with Kristy Kadish!!, lost 2-6, got pulled over by a cop for speeding (then the cop proceeded to change lanes in an intersection AND pull over the person right next to us), went to her parents' in Orem for a good yellin and watched "The New Guy"...hilarious movie btw.

Friday night--dancing in SLC with Andrea, Brittany, Whitney, and Katie. Met a very wonderful guy named Nate who's the new marketing director for the church. He's into pretty good music too. That never hurts.

And Tyler! I haven't talked about Tyler at all. Tyler and I sit next to each other in Physics everyday, with BK (Brandon King!) on my other side and Kim to the front (Kim's in a wheelchair so she sits in front of us in the front row, making her own little row [that was confusing, sorry]). Tyler and I have been great friends all year, but suddenly the relationship is taking a different spin. It's nice. He's from Portland, Business major (switched from Photography), served his mission for our church in France (he speaks in French to me when he doesn't want anyone else to understand!), loves Frank Sinatra, loves hockey, hmmmm. It's an interesting development.

And Eddie. We are so awkward around one another I can't stand it. And neither can he from what I hear. But like he said: "Lisa, sometimes I'm just like a 6th grader and I can't help it." Sorry Mr. Provo. You are nothing but a hott, sexy, 25-year-old wuss with an amazing voice, and I am soooo done with you. Sort of. Um, who am I kidding...I can't forget about Eddie.

My French grade is up to a B! Baptiste likes me more now, I think. I've been making an effort and we talk about things like music and French culture and stuff. So I'm movin on up.

Coachella! I'm going to Coachella in May with Perry. Wow, we are going to have a blast. I am excited.

Less than two months and I'm back in Cali. This semester is going way too fast, even though I like it going fast. I'm excited to go home, have a nice comfy bed, humidity, the beach, the sun, and a job. I need money. And Perry and I are planning on taking classes together at DVC this summer. That will be fun too.

Anyway, j'ai beaucoup d'etudiant pour le francais ce soir (I have a lot of studying for French tonight). I think my French might've been wrong there, but don't bother correcting me because I really don't care.

xoxo lisa.

P.S. The sun was out ALL day today and it was BEAUTIFUL.

No comments: