Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Letter to No One

Dear No One,

I couldn't help but notice how sad you were tonight. You acted happy, but I know that act well. I hate seeing you sad. It reminds me of times I'd rather not think about. Times when I knew you better. Times when you were even more sad, and I was sad too because you were sad. You were mean to me when you were sad. (I never said that. You did).

I felt so bad being happy when you were sad. I was uncomfortable. I wanted to go to you and hug you and kiss your cheek and give you hope. Maybe you don't need hope. You probably don't.

I feel horrible knowing how I felt when I saw you. Wondering what you felt. Remembering how I felt about you. I thought it was all a lie. It might still be. I think it always was for you, and you just led me along. I forgot you easily. You make me forget easily.

I think I saw you watching me. That made me feel horrible too.

I feel horrible saying that I miss you. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. Mostly I want to know how you are, to talk to you like I used to. But things aren't that way anymore. I'm not the same anymore. I don't think you are either.

Sincerely,
(insert name here)

No comments: