Sunday, October 21, 2007

Running around, somewhere.

This is me and Alex at the Grand Canyon. Cute, eh? (Yes, he is).

It is winter in Utah. At least for tonight. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I love winter because of how the sky glows a dim reddish-gray, and how a fresh layer of snow glitters like a movie star's smile (except snow is free of charge, and I doubt any movie star's smile is). I think, mainly, I should just ignore the fact there will be three inches of snow on the ground tomorrow morning, at least for tonight, at least after the hour of midnight. Before then, I have enough battery to maintain my usual optimism. Past this hour, however...

I failed to mention I got a job as a reading aide at an elementary school in Springville. It entails a bit more work than I thought it would. I had a vision of reading to little kids, helping them sound out words phonetically, assisting them on schoolwork their teacher gave them. Instead, I write lesson plans and teach the students new concepts. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, other than the fact I feel unqualified.

Have I told you I'm going to Hawaii for Thanksgiving? I'm looking forward to it.

I am almost done with those vampire books. You know, that series that is apparently doing better than Harry Potter (I doubt it). It started out good enough, but I'm on the third book, and I tell ya--it's getting downright ridiculous. Werewolves, vampires, a human girl caught in the middle. Vampires and werewolves fighting, peace treaties, eternal life, vampires that don't drink human blood, insanity. Doesn't make sense. I'm committed to finishing the third book, which I'm a fourth of the way through, but I'll be glad to finish it.

I'm going to refrain from committing to anything else for a while.

It bothers me how people speculate and spread rumors based on these speculations. People should mind their own business.

1 comment:

LJ said...

Thanks for the picture, Little Lisa.

Does me checking your blog connote "not minding my own bidness"?