Friday, January 29, 2010

Thank you, Jeffreys.

The poet Robert Browning wrote:

"Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in his hand
Who saith, “A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!”

Some of you may wonder: Is there any future for me? What does a new year or a new semester, a new major or a new romance, a new job or a new home hold for me? Will I be safe? Will life be sound? Can I trust in the Lord and in the future? Or would it be better to look back, to go back, to stay in the past?

- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

---

As President Monson poignantly put it in the April 2009 General Conference: "The future is as bright as our faith." How true that is.

1 comment:

Britt said...

I love that Monson quote, as well as everything that Holland says. Thanks for this positive message today.