Thursday, July 08, 2010

Hopes and dreams

Sometimes I think Heavenly Father must really love me for one reason:

When I move to a notoriously, sweltering hot place, He makes it less hot.

My two summers in St. Louis were some of the coolest on record. No major heat waves. Less humidity. I found them overall mild, aside from a few nasty days.

Houston started out so hot I thought I was going to die. Jeff was on the verge of sending me back to Utah, I was such a pain. But the past week has been rainy and cooler. Today it is 75 degrees and raining. It's my favorite weather. I think I would do okay in Seattle or Portland.

Houston has been a blast so far. Tomorrow marks three weeks and I can't believe it. I am teaching piano lessons (subbing and picking up my own schedule at the end of the month). I am looking for jobs, though not as hard as I should. I would really like to start my own business, but I haven't gotten too far. I am planning the wedding and almost done finally.

Jeff is studying for the GRE. I think I would really like a day job, but being able to watch The Price is Right if I want to is very nice. Even though I rarely watch it.

Jeff and I watch Wheel of Fortune, or just "Wheel" as we call it, as often as we remember. We are getting really good. I would like to go on that show and win a trip to Peru for Jeff and also $35,000 cash. It really is anyone's game. I am learning to be a smart letter guesser. When I do go on Wheel I "whanna wheen," as Nacho says.

It rains a lot here. And it floods a lot too. It rains so hard you can't see when you're driving. My wipers don't wipe fast enough.

No comments: