Thursday, July 29, 2010

Howdy doody

I just messed around with the layout and I don't like it at all. I will fix it soon, I promise.

Jeffy Boo and I just returned from a great trip to Austin! We checked out UT, where Jeff is considering applying to for grad school. They have a great Masters of Education program. Here's rooting for Jeff!

We went to the State Capitol, drove around a bunch, ate some great food, and overall loved it. I especially loved the ribs at The Salt Lick, apparently, as this photo was one of only two I took the entire trip.



I also took this picture of Jeff as we scaled the rotunda of the State Capitol.



Today we left Austin early and went to Schlitterbahn, the LARGEST WATERPARK IN THE WORLD!!!! We were having a good time until someone stole our sunscreen, and we had to wait in line for two hours for a broken ride that lasted only 45 seconds. Theme parks were not made for adults. What sane person would pay $45 to stand in line over and over again only for a 60-second-or-less thrill? It's worse than the DMV!! Well, this sane person did today, but I doubt I will again anytime soon.

Jeff and I have been all over Texas lately. Tomorrow we're driving up to Dallas for his friend's wedding. As we traverse this great state's terrain, my appreciation and understanding deepens as to why Texans are so notoriously devoted to their state. It is beautiful. Definitively humid, but beautiful. Come down for a visit anytime y'all.

1 comment:

Lani said...

All I hear is good things about Austin. That is actually one of the schools I'm applying to for grad school as well. I really like their new media program. Good luck to Jeff and hopefully I end up out there too.