Sunday, June 27, 2010

A bright golden haze on the meadow.

I keep telling myself to go to bed, but I won't.

I haven't even washed my face yet.

It is a very great feeling when the person you are marrying makes you better than you are. The tag-team is a nice asset. Suddenly we are funnier, friendlier, happier, more fun to be with, cuter, smilier, and more contagiously irresistible. Maybe just to each other, but that's good enough for me.

Houston is a nice city. There are lots of neat shops and antique shops, though I haven't been to any yet. I live right down the street from Rushmore Academy, AKA St. John's School. I have a 52" TV which has been great for watching HD "Frasier" re-runs. Wedding plans are coming along nicely.

Also, Jeff and I will be in Utah in mid-July, and because I didn't see you (Ashley, Regan, Carl, etc.) right before I left, I insist we rendezvous.

I was informed a few days ago that a man I taught in Waterloo Branch was baptized today. This is a very blessed thing because his wife and family wanted him baptized very badly. I am so very happy for them. He and his wife have the greatest kids in the whole world!!

Michael goes to the MTC on Wednesday. This is a joyous thing for me. I was somewhere the other day, actually I think I was just sitting by the pool, and the thought of Michael wearing his glasses and his slim fit white shirts and his double-vented suits all around rural Japan hit me like a vision of the Tree of Life. And I saw his big, glowing, sincere smile and I felt the love those sweet Japanese brothers and sisters will feel emanating from him. They will love him so much for being the nicest, most polite and considerate American boy they have ever met. They will love him because he carries the Spirit of God with him. They will know he is so very special.

Anyway, I think I'm ready for bed now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ummmm... yes please. We were in Portland for a couple of weeks, and so missed you when you left, and that makes me feel so bad. Please do call us when you come, you're welcome to stay here if you need a place to sleep too. Love you!

sara said...

(... and Sara)