Wednesday, August 18, 2010

All you single ladies!

This is what I feel like 99 percent of the time.



Yes, dangit! Like a sweaty vampire!

No really, it is so hot here. No deodorant works. Your best anti-perspirant is a/c, if it's working. I spend fifteen to twenty minutes blow-drying my hair into a beautiful, sleek, straight softness, free of frizz, my layers swinging bashfully as I shake my luscious mane...

...Then I step outside the door, walk thirty feet to my car, and by the time I'm there my hair is limp, it's frizzing worse than Miss Frizzle, funky curls I never knew I had have eaten my blow-dry skillz alive, my bangs look like they haven't been washed all summer, my cowlick is rejoicing in its similarity to a quail feather, and even though I've just showered I smell like I haven't.

Houston, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!

And to think, I saw a magazine at Macy's the other day that quoted native Beyonce as loving Houston summers! HA!

Speaking of Beyonce, there is this little four-year-old whippersnapper I've taught piano to a few times. She started talking about boyfriends. I said I have a fiance. She said, "Oh I LOVE Beyonce. 'All you single ladies! All you single ladies!'" WHAT THE WHAT?! I can't wait until my kids are four. Then she got the wiggles really bad, so we danced to Jackson 5 for literally ten seconds so she could "get the wiggles out." Every time I've taught her since, she begs me to let her "get the wiggles out." Geez louise, it's like training a puppy.

1 comment:

Tree Peeps said...

Hahaha! Oh my gosh, this is so funny! Fiance, does sound like Beyonce; and that line of the song is extremely catchy!
I am so sad about your wedding dress. What a mess. I would love to see what it was going to look like, though. It sounds beautiful.
(p.s. Seattle is pretty humid and bad for hair, too....)