Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Before everything goes right it goes really really wrong.

Yes, it's been almost three weeks since I wrote anything, and yes, I know my wedding is 2.42 weeks away. Phew it's a lot to take in! Lemme tell you why.

I found out last week that my beautiful ivory taffeta wedding gown with a ruffled Queen Anne collar, which was supposed to be here July 31st, is apparently being made in China (who knew we outsourced wedding dresses?) and it won't be shipped until August 20!! To make matters worse, the employees at the shop I bought it from have seemingly absolved themselves and the shop from any responsibility for its lateness. Granted, they can't make those dexterous Chinese hands sew any faster, but I'm pretty sure I bought my dress from them, not Pei Li in Shanghai. I'm just praying my cold black heart out that it will actually get here before the wedding.

Sunday night I was crawling into bed when I get an urgent message from my friend Kristen saying that the girl I was subletting from neglected to inform ANYONE other than herself that she was arriving in Houston that night and "sure hoped I was out of her apartment." Which led to Kristen arriving at said apartment at 11 pm, helping me scoop all my junk into my suitcases, which I still haven't sorted through, and getting me out in time for the most irresponsible and inconsiderate 25-year-old in the world to arrive home for her beauty sleep. I promise I'm not as bitter as I sound.

Today Jeff and I got the set of Wusthof knives we were pining for off our Crate and Barrel registry. Mmmm. Thank you thank you thank you present senders We LoVe YoU aNd So WiLl OuR StOmAcHs WhEn We StArT cOoKiN!!!!

I have been temping at an oil and gas consulting firm. It is pretty sweet. The office manager is way rad; we are basically the same person born seven years apart but I am Mormon and she is not so there are some obvious differences right there but we work it out somehow. RUN ONS!!! "The firm" takes us out to lunch every once in awhile at this great sandwich shop. My favorite is the "Green Gobbler," which consists of a seeded wheat bread, provolone cheese, turkey, apple butter, sprouts, and apple slices. MMM MMM GOOD!!! It is so delicious.

Lately I have had lots of stomachaches. Every day it seems I feel a grumbly down in the tumbly and it just won't quit. It is not nerves. No, I am sure it's not. I just cannot put my finger on why this is. Except that I am on a strict plant-based diet these days, and there's even less tolerance than normal for anything like dairy or grains but ESPECIALLY NO JUNK FOOD!!! Drives me nuts. Anyone have a good natural remedy for an upset stomach?

Even though lots has been going on, and going wrong if you want to look at it that way, I am still very excited to marry my sweet Boo Boo Jeff Ward. That is what I care about most, fancy dress or not.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

2 comments:

Britt said...

Lately Brett and I have been really enjoying kefir (plain) as a means of calming our stomachs down. We just drink a swig and it always immediately settles any gas or nausea.

Happy 2.42 weeks away!

Jim/Blog said...

This reminded me of a few things that happened at our wedding. First, the day before the wedding, we found out that the woman who was doing all our food was in a drunken stupor and wasn't going to be able to do it. Then, on the wedding day, Laura got heat stroke in the morning while we were taking pictures and threw up the rest of the time. It all worked out for us though, and now we have crazy wedding stories. I hope and assume that everything will work out for you guys too. Good Luck!