Friday, June 01, 2012

Two posts in a day WHAT? I'm going to start a new series where I post past posts I wrote, never finished and never posted. I have some from way back in high school that are sure to be winners. I'm posting a few songs that I really like. The Bon Iver one is a just a treat; the others are on constant repeat in my mind. I wake up in the morning singing them. It's awful. Alabama Shakes is by far my favorite band these days. I cannot get enough of Brittany Howard's voice. I have always loved androgynous voices. Hers has so much vitality. It's rough, it's controlled, it's deep, it's just so unique and I love it. Not to mention this song has the best beat. If I drank alcohol, I'd want to sit around on someone's porch drinking a Rolling Rock longneck brew, eating chips and salsa, listening to this band jam. But I'll take two out of three (the chips and ear candy, duh). I'm so sick of talentless hacks making it big for their digitized, over-produced voices. I want something raw and real, and Alabama Shakes has that better than any band I've heard lately. Go their album 'Boys and Girls'! Or listen to it on Spotify.

2 comments:

Rheanna said...

I love Bon Iver! And I love the other two songs you posted. I've never heard of the other two groups, but now I wan't to hear more. Yay for new, GOOD music!

Liz Lambson said...

Thank you for the Alabama Shakes recommendation--I've been listening to them all week and loving it!