Monday, June 10, 2013

Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down

If you check my blog history, you'll see that I was once an avid blogger, mainly because I wrote about whatever I did. I'm going to try to do that again instead of waiting until I just have to say something. Maybe someone out there wants to read about what Jeff and I are up to. If you don't, I'll crack myself up.

Jeff and I are almost to 3 years of marriage, and where has the time gone? I remember when we married thinking, yeah, about two years and then we'll have a kid. Psssh. I am so psyched to be a mom! Someday! But man, these past years have been rad.

Did I ever mention that we bought a couch? We did. Back in February. It's the Taylor sofa from Thrive Furniture and we love it. We got the ottoman too, and it's huge, but we love that too. Yes, it's gray because I just have a thing for gray right now. And we got the lighter legs. My only complaint is that the legs screw on, and they don't screw on tightly, so sometimes the legs, which are supposed to point outward, point inward. So last week, after three months of having the couch, I finally realized Thrive should fix that. We're supposed to get eight new legs (were supposed to on Saturday!! Grrr...) and hopefully those will work.

A few months back we also scored two Drexel Declaration pieces at the neighborhood high school's garage sale. I had a cow when I saw them, and saw their prices because these things can be expensive! Luckily ours weren't.


They both have the original white globe knobs, except the six-drawer dresser which is missing one knob, so we will end up replacing them all. The highboy had a broken leg. The thing weighs at least 250 lbs, so I can understand how the leg broke. We finally got that back from our guy Allen and it's as good as new! Did you know you can clean wood with vinegar? That's what we did and it works great. These pieces were both really really REALLY dirty, so we were afraid they wouldn't polish up, but they did. The highboy, though technically a dresser, works great in our dining room as a sideboard thingy, and our TV sits on our dresser. It works. I love love love them!

What's next? An Eames lounge chair and ottoman? I hope so. When will my bonus get here? Come on, November!!

There are so many more things to say! But I'll stop now before you're too bored. Come back in a few days (or a few hours if work stays this slow) and you can read all about my life! You know you want to!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You totally scored!!! Jealous over here, especially after finally watching the first three episodes of Mad Men Season 5 (we are so behind). Also, congrats on almost 3 years! We just had ours and it was lovely. Marriage is the best.