Monday, August 13, 2007

lies, lies, lies

This morning is the first morning I feel very homesick. I've had a fun few days in Utah thus far, with minimal grieving, and lots of joyous reunions. (Of course, I've been staying inside as much as possible, because this way I can fool myself into thinking New York is outside). But this morning I want to go home. Luckily I'm going to California tomorrow. That sort of counts.

I watched the meteor shower last night. Phil, Cade and I went up to my special spot in the mountains and watched it. It was really cloudy. That was disappointing. But we still saw some meteors, and I came back to my sister's house and watched it some more and saw some of the hugest meteor streaks I've ever seen. A few streaking across the entire sky. I want to ride a meteor.

I have been kissed by two boys since I've been back in Utah. Well, one is more of a man. The other is a bit more of a boy. I can tell one is more of a man because he's not intimidated by my maturity, the level of which is rare to an almost-22-year-old. The boy is. "How are you so dang mature, Lisa?" he asked me yesterday. But I've always been this way.

I saw my old friend Colin at an art opening I went to with Phil on Saturday. For about two years, Colin and I hung out all the time. We were really great friends, until one day last year. I'm still not sure what happened. I was living with Margaret at the time. I was messing around at home with Thayne, when Colin, Margaret and Joey come in. Thayne and I left soon after, not because they came home, but because we were headed somewhere. A while later I was looking through my myspace friends and noticed Colin had deleted me--not his profile, just me. By that time, we didn't hang out much anymore and I was over it. I never knew what happened, what I did. But then I saw him Saturday. I was so surprised. This is a kid who swore he'd be in Utah for only three years, to get his MFA and get out. I figured he was long gone. Yet here he was. I called out his name a few times. I know he heard me. He completely ignored me. He was wearing a cowboy hat.

I had a satisfying laugh about that one.

Yesterday morning I had a dream that someone came into my sister's house through the front door while I was sleeping. I yelled, "Who's there?" in the dream. I heard the door close again, and the person seemed to be gone.

Then yesterday after I got home from church, I noticed the front door was unlocked. I found this odd, considering I've hardly used it since I've been here, and I'm an obsessive compulsive door locker, and no one else has a key. Anyway it was weird because I dreamed it and then it happened. Get it?

My parents and my friend Tom's parents have been plotting our marriage for years, since the beginning of my BYU career. He lives in Arizona now though. Yesterday my mom called and told me I should probably go to Phoenix to visit him. "I'll bet now that they're not in the same town, they'll realize how perfect they are for each other," his mother said to mine at church yesterday, among many other silly things.

YAY!! I am listening to Pandora, and a song from "Once" just came on! Happiness abounds.

6 comments:

Christina Kim Homer said...

wow. you've kissed two boys already! dang girl, you know how to work it.

Little Lisa said...

What can I say? Everyone's just so excited I'm back.

(Hot Pockets).

Capree said...

Kid! I'm sorry I missed your text yesterday. I forgot to take my phone off silent after church.. and then we went to SLC. :o/ Guess what though? I went to Relief Society. Yep. For the first time in about 3 years. Crazy. I sat next to Barbara Mackay, an older lady with a missing tooth. She was nice. No one else said hello, not even any of the ladies in the RS presidency. shrugs Anyway, when will you be back in UT again??

Unknown said...

I could have told Capree that RS is an evil, evil place.

I once dreamt that I fell down in the road and my skirt flew up and covered my face. I called my grandmother in Napa and told her all about it. "Honey, just make certain you are wearing a slip." Less than a week later I fell down in the middle of the road and my skirt flew up and covered my face. I was wearing a slip.

How come when I dream about Matthew McConaughey it doesn't come true????

Kissing multiple boys?? Arranged marriages?? My amazement continues.

Enjoy your visit home. Please eat some real sourdough and then smell the air in San Leandro for me (they roast chocolate there). Have fun and be safe.

kerry

Anonymous said...

ride on a meteor, huh? Like this?
http://www.utahwolfproductions.com/movies/Meteorite.wmv

Anonymous said...

That Above comment was me, I don;t know how to do this blogging thing.