Monday, January 07, 2008

Sick of it all.

Did anyone listen to the band whose name is also the title of this blog entry? Sick of It All. My favorite line from one of their songs is: "We're all black sheep and we know it." I specifically liked it my sophomore year of high school as I entered my "rebellious" stage.

Day 3 of work. It's not bad. Really, it's not the worst. It's easy as all get out, but I don't totally despise the work. The hours still suck--9:30 to 6:30. I prefer an even 8 to 5 or 9 to 5, a straight day with a working lunch. Work is something I have to do; my life outside of work is always and forever my priority.

CNN is covering Britney Spears' hospital stay. Ridiculous.

Branky and babe are moving to SoCal this week. It's pretty sad. I've been pampered here in Utah, spending a total of one year with no other immediate family in Utah. Katie will still be here, which is good, but now that BB&T are leaving, I feel a little marooned. This too shall pass.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: everyone's support means so much to me. I'm slowly climbing out of this numbing hole I found myself in, intently searching out options and prayerfully considering each one.

Elections 2008: I'm still not sure how I feel. There are a few candidates who would do the job well. Romney, Obama, Edwards. I saw Huckabee on Colbert a while back, talking about his new book. I immediately liked him. He seemed like a really nice guy with honorable intentions for the U.S. I've heard good things about him as governor, that he chose people he trusted and respected and unfailingly followed their recommendations. I like this. I like this because Bush didn't do this. Remember OSHA? Bush completely ignored that committee's recommendations for the state of Iraq, and look at the country now. I like Huckabee's seeming lack of ego and humility. I like his dedication to virtue. However, I read things like this and then I question him. (Granted, it happened a while ago, and if we're willing to forgive Romney's flip-flopping, I'm willing to forgive Huckabee's missteps as well).

So as of today, I am officially registered in California with no party affiliation. I feel good about this.

Also, I am joining the Peace Corps someday.

No comments: