Monday, January 14, 2008

Somebody help me, yeah!

I have many habits I'm proud of and many I'm not.

The one I'm most disgusted with today is the most recent addition to my habit rolodex: the 44-oz. Diet Coke with root beer or Sprite (already a long-standing regular) coupled with The Hole.

The Hole bills itself as the biggest donut in Utah. Really, it's no bigger than a donut from any grocer, but it is tastier. I find myself succumbing to the Hole for its moist, delicately deep-fried, cake innards, its drizzled white frosting, and--best of all--the rainbow sprinkles. Since I was a kid, I could never say no to white frosting and rainbow sprinkles. It is both the combination of supreme elation and long-suffering death. While I love this donut, I completely LOATHE it. It is rapidly securing a prominent spot in my lunch hour (and on my waistline).

Someone please, deliver me!!

1 comment:

LJ said...

I have no advice to offer. I succumbed (spelled that word right on the fifth try) to a 50 oz plate of pasta last night and didn't stop EVEN THOUGH I WANTED TO.