Tuesday, May 04, 2004

You Make It Easy

Alright. I am so so tired, but I need to kick out this blog entry with a short rundown of Coachella. I'm afraid I'll forget.

Best bands I saw: The Cure, Broken Social Scene, AIR---The Cure for obvious reasons. They played over two hours. "Pictures of You," my personal fav, The Lovecats, Just Like Heaven, Love Song, Fascination Street, Boys Dont Cry, Why Cant I Be You, okay okay so i cant even name all the song because they were just that good. BSS--I cried. No joke. One of the guitarists proposed to his gf during the set. Really cute. They were just really good. Full of energy, full of love. Everyone was dancing, crying, loving. Loved it. Love them. AIR---I got the last AIR shirt! This guy next to me was really nice and let me have it instead of buying it himself. THANKS I LOVE YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE! Kelly Watch the Stars, Venus, Cherry Blossom Girl, Sexy Boy, etc etc. They had a nice even blend from all their albums I'd say.

Biggest letdown: The Pixies. Kim Deal was having the time of her life up there, but Frank Black looked like it was the least important thing to him on earth at that moment. It was really tough to watch. I mean, they sounded great, of course, but they were so boring! SO BORING! The Pixies! They're legends for crying out loud! I almost hate saying it, but i didn't even mind leaving their set early to watch the rapture. they were just that boring.

Okay, I'm really sick of writing about this.

Bands I saw that were GOOD(and I think i'll leave it at that. if you have any questions about specifics, just ask me):
- Radiohead
- the Sounds
- the Rapture
- Kraftwerk
- Junior Senior
- Broken Social Scene
- the Cure
- AIR
- Belle and Sebastian
- !!!
Bands that were okay
- the Thrills
- the Stills
- Trail of the Dead
- the Pixies
- Muse
- Section Quartet (really boring)
Bands that were awful
- Electric Six
- Thursday
- Flaming Lips
- Death Cab for Cutie
- Howie Day
- DIOS
- Sahara Hotnights
- Phantom Planet

And so many funny things too! Haha! Elephant girl with the favorite band Elefant, high five boy, the Whale Woman, etc., etc. Man, good times.

Wow. Something major just happened. Perry got sent away again. Right after Coachella. At least we got to go, at least we had such a great time. He just called from the hotel. He's going to be okay, God bless him.

Now I'm really out. Going to bed. Rather, I'm going to lay in bed sobbing, crying, thinking. I always cry more when I'm tired.

No comments: