Thursday, April 29, 2004

Closing Time

I opened this window thinking I'd write something really insightful and meaningful, but really. The only thing I have to say is I am happy. Genuinely happy. For the first time in a very very very long long time.

I've fought with my parents so much this week. We just seem to fight all the time. It's crazy. But tonight I realized life's just too short to fight all the time. They could die tomorrow, for all I know.

My parents hate one of my best friends. I don't care. Life's too short to care about that. My ditching this best friend could possibly send them into a spiral of depression or suicide. So that's drastic, but really, nothing is too far-fetched these days. Life's too short to let others destroy your love for friends, family, strangers, anyone.

I went to Santa Cruz today and had the best day I've had in a long time. I saw my friends. I breathed the fresh air. I had a great day and helped other people have a great day too. I helped a best friend and his mom clear up some issues.

I talked to an old friend about life. He really made me realize that life is just too short. Too short to let my parents bother me, too short to let love consume me, too short to let unresolved things stay unresolved...

I closed a chapter of my life tonight.

I haven't felt this good in a long time.

BYU...four months. We're going to make it a great year.

Coachella...two days. Nick my love, I will see you there.

Hahahaha. No joke. I am laughing out loud for no reason. Right now.

I love you.

Love,
Lisa.

No comments: