Wednesday, November 28, 2007

If I had a breakdancing name, it would be "Split Ends," because that's what my hair is full of.

Well, I am back from my Hawaiian escapades. Highlights include swimming with giant turtles, seeing a whale, beating up the ocean, getting beaten up by the ocean, tanning, reading, losing my iPod, swimming until sunset, catching a cold, hanging with Katie and Michael, driving in our rented Jeep--top down, sun up, exploring a jungle full of wild roosters, driving a one-lane road along the north coast of Maui, swimming in natural rock pools right next to the pounding ocean, eating Spam for the first time.

I would write more, but I am going to an art show of my friend who is no longer my friend.

4 comments:

Christina Kim Homer said...

I'm totally jealous you got to go to Hawaii! Thanks for the postcard! Love you and miss you too!

Starman said...

the other night I dreamt I was standing on the beach in Encinitas. Some humpback whales swam up as close to the shore as they could. I rushed into the water not even bothering to remove my shoes. I swam with those whales for hours. I think this was inspired by the fact that Japan is now hunting humpbacks and your little blurb on the breaching whale you saw in Hawaii last time. Also, I could breath underwater. It was a pretty amazing dream. Sorry I am such a bad writer and this comment barely makes sense.

Tiffany said...

lisa oh lisa. lets hang out in new york again.

LJ said...

You ate Spam! I'm so proud of you. Forget this nonsense about pigs roasted in banana leaves; SPAM is the true native cuisine.