Sunday, January 18, 2004

Heroes

David Bowie--you're my hero.

Sundance Film Festival was great, though we kind of overstayed our welcome at Jennie's house and had to leave early this morning. Bummer.

Yesterday I just took a long walk through Park City, talking to Alex on the phone the whole time. It was so nice, taking a figurative long walk with him. I saw Demi Moore at Fred Segal and Hank Azaria on the street. I saw The Presidents of the United States of America (the band) and they rocked. I saw The Long Winters and talked to them for a long time. John Roderick actually remembered me from the Death Cab show earlier. He remembered I was wearing a green cordouroy pea coat and that I complimented him on his brown cordouroy coat.

Alex--you're the greatest. You really are. And I'm sorry about your mom.

Park City is so beautiful. It glistened like Rivendell when we drove in Friday night. Saturday morning the sun streamed in through the windows and warmed my cold face. All day it kissed my cheeks and warmed my body as I explored the little shops and crunched through the snow and passed familiar faces on the street. Man, what a great day. And topped off with The Long Winters. Just insane. Insane.

I'm really lost. I'm really confused. I don't know if what I'm doing is right or wrong. I need some help. I don't know what I need. I just know that everything I do makes me think of him, everything I don't do makes me think of him, every minute every second I'm thinking about him. And I don't know what to think about that.

That's it. That's all I've got.

No comments: