Saturday, March 22, 2008

My dreamcatcher

I have always been good at removing myself from the present and forgetting the past. Like going on vacation. I always know I'm going on vacation. I anticipate it. I know it's coming sooner and sooner but I don't really grasp that's what I'm doing until I'm there. And then when I'm back it's as if it didn't happen. I know I was there. I remember being there. But I'm not there anymore so it didn't happen.

This is how my whole life feels. Like a mirage that I know I saw but that I have no proof of. Like how the highway 100 feet ahead looks like water in the summertime, but then you get close to it and it disappears.

Yesterday I got a notice in the mail saying my car registration had been revoked because my dad forgot to notify the state of Utah that my car was indeed insured. Today the radio and clock shorted suddenly and came back on even more suddenly. And then I got a flat tire. And Alex and I missed Summer and Smoke for the second night in a row.

No comments: