Friday, March 07, 2008

Pumping iron, the best kind around.

This is a special time in my life.

It's special because I feel like I'm finally getting to know myself. Which is ridiculous. I've always known myself really well, really thoroughly. But only recently have I begun feeling connected with every emotion in my body. More alive. More focused and more driven.

Today I saw my freshman year second counselor's wife at the school I was at. Who knew she taught there? I sure didn't, and I've been to that school half a dozen times. She immediately recognized me. We chatted. What love! This woman had a gift. I felt so special and memorable. I love her!

Last night I got a phone call from my mom. Seems my mission president sent me a nice little addendum to the fat packet he sent me a few days before. Sister Ruefenacht will be a BIKING sister missionary! That's right! I'll be speeding through the streets of St. Louis on the best mode of transportation of all--the bicycle!

I cannot express accurately how excited I am for this. I will tell you this, however. I wanted to go stateside, English-speaking. I was called to the work speaking English in St. Louis, MO. I wanted to find cute clothes and red shoes. I found the most amazing outfits ever, and those slick shoes. I wanted to ride a bike. I wanted maximum efficiency in terms of touching people with the gospel--through the spirit--and the happiness it brings. I was granted my request!

So people, what I am really saying is that I have a testimony of the gospel and I cannot wait to share it!

But back to the bike issue: unfortunately, it is really cold in Utah right now, and I am a chicken when it comes to the cold. Which means my bike is still locked up out back and hasn't seen the light of day since November or so. Whatever! I will have legs of steel come October 2009!

No comments: