Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Look Ma, The Sun Is Shining On Me

Love today. Played Ferris Bueller with McKenna and Eric B in SF. Bought something (can't say what on here!), walked the streets, played in the chairs at the Clift (almost), rode the elevator up and down, up and down at the St. Francis...yes. And the Lord saw it and called it good. Highlight of the day: legless man riding a skateboard. Now slap my cheeks and call me Sally - that's something you don't see every day.

Received immediate ridicule and looks of disgust from my mother and elder sister the moment I stepped off the plane. Thank you for placing me under constant scrutiny. There's nothing I love more than unnecessary and unjustified criticism from two members of my own family.

Chris Rains - you're my hero. The plane ride was amazing. Thank you.

My mother and sister Becky want my brother Robert to cut his hair and shave his goatee. Quite honestly, he looks good with long hair and a bit of chin stubble. "You ruin everything, Lisa," says the mom. Oh well. You can hate your grandkids someday too since I'll approve of their long hair and first attempts at styled facial hair similar to Robert's. And there's my only depression my life that's been nothing but looked down upon by my mother.

But today was a great day. Just a great frickin day. Eric Burstyn and McKenna Stevens, love you with all my heart. We'll do it again, just the three of us. Not sure one can recreate a day as spontaneous and magical as today, but it could happen. We'll make it.

Bless your hearts. I'm off to Hannah's :)

No comments: