Friday, February 22, 2008

Cilantro wins my taste bud's Lifetime Achievement Award.

Today I found out two amazing things.

Number one: There are four--count 'em, FOUR--Trader Joe's in the St. Louis area. FOUR! Do you know what that means? It means I won't have to have my mom ship me my favorite foods! Well, as long as TJ's is in my area. But with four, there are pretty good odds for at least a portion of my mission.

Number two: I have found my foodie soulmate. I stumbled across her recipe blog this afternoon while searching out a new recipe that included black beans and cilantro. My new friend Kalyn is located only a short distance away in Salt Lake City. I'm thinking I might just have to pay her a visit one of these days and learn how things are done in the kitchen. My favorites I found while searching today are baked Swiss chard stems and black bean and rice soup with lime and cilantro. Basically, I have never met anyone else who so honestly expresses their undying love for cilantro. She is amazing.

I have countless other things to mention, but I would prefer going to bed.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Cilantro rocks my socks too. It's a staple of Costa Rican cooking. mmmmmmmmm...

Unknown said...

lisa!!!!! i found your little blog on our dear megruth's page and had to say hello! my blog is only about narwhals at the moment but in the near future maybe it will have some relevancy to life. love you!

your friend,
amy

Capree said...

What happened to the poo?