Monday, October 13, 2003

A Cloak of Elvenkind

Wow. I feel like I haven't written in this forever. So Saturday night I tried to sell out and go to the Moneen/Saves the Day/Taking Back Sunday show. I went, it was just sold out, so my friend Britt scalped her ticket and we just wandered around Salt Lake City until our other friends got out of the show. But it was awesome - we had a great time and got to explore the city at our own free will. Everything is surprisingly close together in the downtown area, like definitely within walking distance. Plus, the bus system is alright in the downtown area so you can pretty much get anywhere you need to go. So this week Cursive is playing Wednesday night, then Minus the Bear Thursday night, then Electoral College (a local indie band) is playing Saturday night. Wee! So many shows! Next week I'm going to Papa M Thursday, Built to Spill Friday, and Coheed and Cambria/Thrice/Thursday Saturday night! Alright, so I'm majorly selling out with that show, but C and C is good, so's Thursday. And that's the scene here too. We'll just see if I wanna spend the money when it comes right down to it though. So far, I only have tix to Coheed...
But things are good here. I go through random bouts of homesickness. Perry is still messed up. It is difficult being so far away from him; I feel like I can't help him as effectively as if I were still in WC.
Now I might not be seeing Papa M either because Bishop Packer from my home ward is coming out to see all us Lafayette Ward kids and take us out for pizza at the Brick Oven, the second best pizza place in town. Ha! So I've never had it - I just know Pizza Pipeline is tough competition. Alright, I need to go do laundry.

No comments: