Friday, July 06, 2007

I don't wanna be defeated.

I'm still doing the shuffle thing. I'm on song 677.

Work is going really well. They're using my web stories in the print version. They're trusting me with editing (meaning cutting, like actually altering the text as I see fit) the print version. It's really cool. I am flattered. I am also grateful to be a good writer and that I was blessed with this talent, because I really like doing it, be it tech writing, criticism, or blogging. Blogging is my favorite though. Or writing little vignettes about my thoughts and experiences.

When I am truly happy, I discover little insights. I must be truly happy right now, because I find a few insights each day. This morning, it was that I must've been a punk rocker in a past life. I say this because since I've been doing my iPod shuffle thing, my heart noticeably skips a beat when a Mission of Burma song comes on, or when a Wipers song starts, or when I hear the rip-rockin' chords of a Buzzcocks tune. I truly was born in the wrong era, but it's probably better I was born in this era when no good punk rock is being made so I don't become some junkie.

I'm excited for my Super 8 class this fall. I have a lot of ideas for what I want to do, both shots and narration. Every shot I think of involves shooting into the sun, into its amber-colored tentacles. I love shooting into the sun. It can be tricky, but with some practice I think I'll get it right. It creates such an ethereal tone and instantly enlivens whatever your subject is. I love it. Some of my favorite photos I've taken were of JR on the Shandy Hall roof last fall. Shot into the sun at sunset, used a fill flash to light him. They're pretty cool.

Now I'm on song 682. "Bed For the Scraping" by Fugazi off Red Medicine.

No comments: