Monday, July 16, 2007

Let's Get Some Shoes

Three weeks until I leave New York. Three measly weeks. I've had three nightmares the past few nights about readjusting to Provo life. Bonafide, genuine nightmares, the kind where I wake up short of breath and scared for my life. One of them involves driving from Provo to Salt Lake, and I keep driving and driving, and when I finally get to Salt Lake it's still Provo.

Tonight I went to Bryant Park for the movie in the park. It was "To Sir, With Love." I haven't seen that film since Mr. Dewes' media class senior year. I was alone, but not really alone. I love being alone! There were these two dude-bros sitting behind me who kept saying, "Yeah dude, Audrey Hepburn is in this." They kept talking about Audrey Hepburn! I didn't have the heart to tell them she wasn't in that film. About a fourth of the way through the film, one said to the other, "Dude, if Audrey Hepburn isn't in the next scene, I'm leaving." Sure enough, she wasn't in the next scene. Sure enough, they left.

Today was a long day. I produced a lot of stories today (which means I coded them up for the pcmag website). I think six in all. It's pretty mind-numbing work. I'm still dead.

Syracuse was fun!! Palmyra was fun!!! I went to the Sacred Grove, to Joseph Smith's house, to the Palmyra temple, and to the Hill Cumorah pageant.

I am reading The Watchmen right now. It's a graphic novel. I really love it. Also, I'm earning lots of street cred at work for reading a graphic novel.

I want to write more, but I'd rather go to bed.

5 comments:

Capree said...

Your blogs paint such great pictures! I like that you're getting street cred for reading "the watchmen".. it's a great one.. They're making it into a movie soon (they've been saying that for 20+ years.. so you never know for sure). It will probably suck. Some schmuck will direct it and it will be terrible. If you want some recommendations for other great graphic novels to read, I can suggest some. Also, there's an awesome comic store on 42nd (I believe) that you should check out. It's called Midtown Comics. Word!

mrs. everything said...

I love the Watchmen. I love Midtown
Comics. I love Allan Moore. Tomorrow I am going to read and maybe buy Allan Moores "Swamp Thing"

mrs. everything said...

If they make a movie of The Watchmen my soul will shrivel up and die.

mrs. everything said...

Read Kingdom Come.

mrs. everything said...

It has art work by Alex Ross...arguably one of the best comic book artists ever.