Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's in your ear. It's in your heart.

I know when I like someone because I start singing all the love songs I know. I sing songs Billie Holiday taught me. I sing duets with Chet Baker. I trade licks with Ella. I've been singing a lot lately. I think I like someone. I'm not sure who it is yet.

Tonight I went to a Guitar Hero 3 party. The game doesn't come out until late October, but I and a big handful of lucky dudes got to go to the Gibson showroom in Hell's Kitchen and play an early version of the final game. It rocked. It is so improved from Guitar Hero 2, I could hardly believe it. The only problem is that I'm already on the expert level, at least on the songs from the main set list. Already on expert--I never went lower than 92 percent--and tonight was my first time playing the game. Ridiculous. I was the only girl there, but I beat every guy I played. I have never felt such adoration and respect. Pathetic.

Afterward, I went to Malecon with Holly, Luke, Megan, Ann, Alejandro, Marcus, Brian, Seth, Dan and Phirre Phir. They had all helped Megan and Holly move while I kicked Guitar Hero trash. Malecon is a unique place in that it's his own world. Tonight people tried to sell me stuff three different times: two times it was little Asian ladies selling bootleg Harry Potter DVDs. Then it was a little man selling roses. I commented on this to Megan, and she explained the infrastructure of Malecon to me. "The man in the blue shirt and tie is the president," Megan said. "Then we have the Congress--the servers. Then come the townspeople--us. And those salespeople are the free enterprise!" It makes perfect sense, but I think I deserve better than "villager" status. Also, you can't get any service there unless you speak Spanish, and I think I'm okay with that.

1 comment:

MegRuth said...

i feel famous now