Thursday, July 05, 2007

Oh you know, just living the dream.

Thirty hours until I leave for Montauk. Meet me in Montauk.

Today I edited a bunch of stories at work. The em dash is overused.

Tonight I am tired. I had good things to write, things about the subway and about how lovely people are, but I am too tired. Well, I'll write a little.

Today I left work and decided to go to SoHo, only I didn't end up going to SoHo. I walked down Park Avenue, from 28th to 14th, to Union Square. I couldn't help but be in love with everyone who walked by. Everyone I passed was just. So. Beautiful. They seemed to smile, even if they weren't really. They were magical. I feel this way a lot though. This time was no more special than any other except for the fact that it happened today. It will probably happen tomorrow too.

Did you know my blog is still on west coast/pacific time? I've never changed it. But I did leave my heart in San Francisco when I first moved to Provo (four years ago), so it's only fitting.

Five weeks left in New York. I think I will be ready to leave Provo come December after all. I'm thinking maybe I'll move to the beach. Maybe I can convince John-Ross to move to Italy with me when he's done with school. (He would have to be my mouthpiece since I can only speak opera lyrics that sing about love and heartache. Then again, I may be able to win a few Italian hearts that way). Maybe I'll join the Peace Corps. Maybe I'll move to the forest so I can meditate all day, every day, and pick up tai chi again. I was happier when I did tai chi.

Why did the Beatles put children's voices in "Across the Universe"? Maybe they thought the kids sounded like angels. I think they sound like gross.


No comments: