Sunday, July 22, 2007

I've been to heaven and I've been to hell.

My dad, aunt and uncle are dividing up everything in my grandparents' house right now. They've all known for months that the only thing I really wanted was Papa's stereo equipment. His turntable, receiver and speakers. I just got off the phone with my dad, and they stole 'em out from under me like squirrels in Fort Tryon Park. My aunt is taking the turntable, my sticky-fingered uncle is taking the receiver, so that leaves me with the speakers. They're taking everything of value out of that house. That's the only thing I really wanted. They're making off with hundreds of thousands in inheritance, let alone the fact they're taking my grandma's china and all her valuable furniture, and they're fighting over Papa's '65 Mustang like two children. I don't even care about that stuff. I don't care about not getting money from Grandma and Papa. All I wanted was that stupid turnable and stupid receiver. I feel really burned. What makes it worse is that the only person who I really want to talk to about this is Dave, and I can't freaking call him.

I was going to write about other stuff. I had a few paragraphs before the first one. But now I am too sad and mad and hurt to write about anything else for now. I am a big baby. On the bright side, I am eating a really tasty mango popsicle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your pain. We have recently gone through our own most unfortunate version of "let's divide Dad's estate". These things are horrible and often ruin family relationships. Tom's sister squandered a 2 million dollar estate, leaving it worth less than a hundred thousand. His father's huge library, to be left to Tom, was sold at a yard sale. Tom was heartbroken by the betrayal and the theft. The only way to avoid theses messes is to do as my friend's mother says...give with a warm hand--give your things away while still alive.

While this comment does little, if anything to help you feel better; I hope that you know that you are not alone. Correct this injustice by working towards forgiveness and by not repeating it in your own life.

A second mango popcicle could also help.

big hugs,
kerry