Saturday, December 12, 2009

Beware of [insert vice here].

The snow tonight is for me. Because I got home and took a walk in it, to enjoy its calm.

If I had to pick five words to describe myself this past month, they would be:
1. Confused.
2. Tired.
3. Complacent (tied with content. They may not readily seem contemporaries, but in this case they are).
4. Happy.
5. Lost.

I realized something driving home just now, thanks to one best friend I needed to see but hadn't seen, thanks to the beauty of the earth, thanks to the shooting star I saw three nights ago, thanks to the diamonds falling from the sky, thanks to spirit-to-Spirit communion (especially this).

I had a reality-inducing conversation with my dad earlier tonight. His agenda: Why have you not yet found a job in Utah? He informed me that I was not welcome at home if I didn't have a job. In not so many words, but this was his underlying point. Beggars can't be choosers, take what you can get, in this economy, etc.

I learned years ago to never take offense to what Dad says. Because he's usually right.

My last ounce of pride is the only thing keeping me from staying in Utah. Because it really is my last ounce. Because I have it in my mind that Utah will never yield up her fruits to me.

Explore is all I ever hear.

And frankly, right now, I couldn't be happier to hear that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa! I'm glad I found your blog, and I do want to see you again soon! Song singing? cookie making?

Jim/Blog said...

I'm not sure humans have the enzymes required to digest the fruits that Utah can yield.