Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Not as lost as some

I aimlessly flipped through my sister's December '09 issue of Allure. Might as well reaquaint myself with the desperate and dicey sides of life, I figured.

I was stunned to find this.

Remember when "Hit Me Baby One More Time" came out and I liked it? Remember when she reigned the pop kingdom? This ad is evidence of a has-been. Why do entertainers keep trying to rebrand themselves? Everything about this photo is wrong. The name of the perfume, "Circus Fantasy." So, am I going to smell like a herd of elephants if I use this perfume? Is a calliope included in the packaging? Is there a free bonus offer for tickets to Ringling Brothers: Barnum and Bailey?

The world is much more pathetic after you've been out of it for 18 months. People's desperate attempts are petty, laughable and pathetic. Misdirected and ineffective. I gotta hand it to 'em for trying though. Especially the writer of that ad. They almost had me smelling the funnel cake.

Today I am updating my resume, putting together portfolios and looking for jobs. Wow! I pray that your prayers will be with me.

My homecoming talk went well, I guess. I honestly felt it was the worst talk I've ever given, but everyone in the congregation said it pretty much changed their lives. Yep, that's what He does for us.

3 comments:

LJ said...

Boy, I've missed you. Welcome, welcome, welcome back, dear.

Brooklyn said...

Ditto :)

Jim/Blog said...

I don't know. I find myself secretly rooting for Brittany Spears from time to time.