Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Failure to prepare = preparing to fail (Yes, that's sarcastic).

The latest plans are this: I am moving to Salt Lake City. My sister got me a job at Wells Fargo. It's definitely not my top choice, but it's an income. I have been so frustrated applying to jobs. Chances are, if you don't know anyone in the company prior to applying, you won't be hired.

Katie and I went to see Zero 7 last night. I really didn't want to go. It ended up being okay. Far from the best show I've ever been to. At the very least, it was a cultural experience, being around "alternative lifestyle" people, weed, beer in my face at every turn, an overwhelming amount of Old Spice on the guy next to me, all the things I missed about life. Thanks.

Today my mom walked into a clear glass window, not noticing it was there.

The next two weeks are themed "Quick to Observe" in the Ruefenacht household. We are not getting along as well as we should be.

I am going to pursue a career as a backup singer. And as singer and bassist of a band. Who wants to be in the band with me? (I am serious). We have a drummer. His name is D.H. His dad is a minor celebrity. He voiced Lemuel in the Living Scriptures animated series. I would know. The credits to "Nephi and the Brass Plates" are rolling right now.

I love you.

2 comments:

Jim/Blog said...

Lisa, I share you frustration with jobs. Also, I will be in a band with you any day. though, I'm not particularly good at anything.

Meg Ruth said...

I wish I had musical talents to be in a band with you. You should come visit me in Vegas. It would be the bees knees.