Tuesday, December 08, 2009

a moment, a love, a dream aloud

I have found the most perfect job in the entire world and it's in the most perfect city in the entire world and soon I will live there. I hope. And get the job.

I just drove home to Saratoga Springs from West Jordan, and I have to say it was the second scariest drive of my life. The first was when Alex and I drove to Saltair to see Iron and Wine. The snow was thick that night. I got some weird form of vertigo. We drove 25 mph for what seemed to be hours. I feared for my sanity more than my life. Tonight none of Redwood Road past Bangerter was plowed, so me and Alec braved the treacherous terrain, with our good friend Prayer buckled tight next to me. We made it just fine. Barely.

I found something today I forgot I had written. I remember exactly why I wrote it. Where I was when it happened. I know who I was with. I know who I wanted to be with. That's why I wrote it. And now, two years later, things are coming full circle. Somewhat.

Also, I am so in love with my nephew. And the Saturn should be resurrected by later this week.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hooray!!!! i hope you get it. perfect jobs are so hard to find :) love you lisa, dear.

Britt said...

Only one thing wrong with this blog - no details. Who? Where? What??

Glad you're safe back home! We need to talk soon!

Starman said...

I remember driving home from that Iron and Wine show too, that was also the worst drive ever for me. I am glad you made it home.

Little Lisa said...

Britt, I will call you and tell you all about it.