Friday, July 25, 2003

Mellon Collie and the Infinte Sadness...

...is here, but not that bad. Sleeping helps, even though my mind raced throughout the night and I woke up a few times and couldn't get back to sleep for about an hour each time. Now it's 8 o'clock and I'm running on about 4 hours. Man, haven't done this since, heck I can't even remember. So I'm a little bit sad today because I finally confessed my feelings to "Friend X" and now he has something going on with a different girl, who also happens to be a friend of mine. Well geez louise. I kind of figured something like this would happen, and hey it might even be for the best because I didn't want to leave for school with any kind of romantic attachments anyway. Gotta leave room for the hott Mormon boys, you know...;) Haha, the irony. Last stop: sadnessville, next stop: RockStarDomville. I don't care much about school at this point; just getting my career off the ground and hooking up with a band who I can get there with is what matters. I've got it all planned out: I start a little indie band in Provo,which is near enough to SLC we can get there on weekends to play shows. Or we could just play at BYU all the time too. From there we get a record deal with Saddle Creek, famed record company holding bands like Bright Eyes, Azure Rey and Rilo Kiley under its belt. Next we rise in the indie circuit, playing shows wherever we can, hooking up with Conor (even though I think he's a whiny little twirp) because he's actually going somewhere in the music scene right now, thanks to his Kodak moments with klepto Winona Ryder. Okay, so we have the record deal and Conor, now we bring new interest to SLC because that's where we're from. Soon there will be festivals like South by Southwest there, hosted by me and my band, possibly named Fat Pigeon (I think it's way funny, you can laugh too, just please at the name and not me), and before you know it, the indie love will have spread everywhere and me and my bandmates will be rich beyond our wildest dreams and we will give it all back through hosting our own little SXSW. SLC will be the new Omaha. I told Tony that and he laughed, but it was because he doesn't know if he should take me seriously or not. Well Tony, take me seriously, because someday you'll be writing about me and my band in those little reviews of yours. Oh yeah, Zwan will be involved somehow too. Maybe we'll do a collaberation or something, or I'll sing backup vocals to Billy's nasal screech. Yeeeeah.

No comments: