Wednesday, July 23, 2003

The Summer Wind...

...is confusing me. Why is it thunderstorm cloudy and still 90 degrees outside? I mean COME ON weatherman in heaven, make up yo mind! Went to the Times today and schmoozed with Tony. Cool guy. Talked a lot about music and writing (obviously) but also what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. Found out how it all works. Getting a job as a reporter doesn't sound that hard; like most things, those people are all there because of hook-ups. And I know five whole people at the Times now: Lisa Wrenn the features editor, editors Karen Hershenson and Randy McMullen, a sports writer named Curtis, and of course Tony. So I think should I ever want a job at the Times, I've at least got one-and-a-half feet in the door. I hate worrying about my future though, hate it a lot, which is why I'm going to be a rock star so I can just go with the flow because that's what I like doing more than anything. Except for when I need to change something, that breaks the flow. But life is a flow, so I'm going to do a little shaping but generally let destiny find me. And destiny for me is rock stardom - you just wait ;) There's a certain someone who I want to call me right now...ahem. We took my puppy Rocky back to the breeder today. Two intelligent puppies is just too much to handle. So now we just have Kimba, and not only are we much happier with just her, but also she seems to be much happier too. She no longer must fight for dominance all the time; she knows we're all The Boss, not Bruce Springsteen "The Boss," just "the boss of her now, la la la" to quote They Might Be Giants only hit song "Boss of Me," also known as the theme song for FOXs hit show "Malcolm in the Middle" starring that unbearable little twirp Frankie Muniz who owns a rare $250,000 Porsche roadster. Phugh. I hate that guy, and not for all his money, for his attitude. Yeah.

No comments: