Friday, June 20, 2003

"Fallin' out of sleep"

Just got another Smashing Pumpkins album today - "Adore." Def good, really mellow for the Pumpkins. Quite remarkable actually, their versatility, I mean. Sometimes they rock harder than hard; othertimes they're mellower than a sleeping snail. Do snails even sleep? Okay, bad analogy, but I think y'all probably get the gist. Um, I have my first saxamophone lesson tomorrow! Woohoo, am I excited! For one WHOLE HOUR too! It's gonna be good. I'll be playing like Charlie Parker before you know it! Then I can show Cuddly Evil Bear how smooth I rock and we'll fall in love and live happily ever after 'til I leave for college. Hmmm, this could work. Or fail. Or both. Um, I know other stuff happened today. Oh yeah! I went to Old Navy and Ross with Celeste. And then I babysat these two kids, a ninth grader and third grader, well, I really chauffered them around to keep them away from gluttony. The ninth grader has three guitars - a bass, electric, and acoustic - and loves Led Zep and Grateful Dead and all that, so I took them to Guitar Center and Rasputin's and Best Buy. The little one likes video games, so we went to the mall too. They are probably the two coolest kids I've ever babysat, which is saying a lot because I've babysat a lot in my day. Yes, they are cool. Oh, I almost forgot the funniest part! We were driving up Main Street and Ryan, the older one, started making this screeching noise (think a Ringwraith screech) at general passers- and driversby. This one old Chinese guy started yelling at him in Mandarin or something - we couldn't tell what he said obviously - but then he proceeded to follow us for about a mile down the road. WAY SCARY. That guy was psycho. Then we were down on Main Street by Jamba Juice and Starbucks and all that, and Ryan started saying casually to this guy on the sidewalk "Hey man, you're reallly cool. Yeah, you, you're way cool." The guy (who had the gangliest teeth I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot since I work at a dentist's office) came over to my car on Ryan's side and was like, "Hey man, how's it going?" Then he patted the side of my car and walked away. First off, the guy was a complete and utter nerd, but second of all, does he think he's being cool by patting the side of my car and flashing his disgusting grin? Does he think he's cute? Well sorry man, you're just about the ugliest thing since Moe Syzlak and I'm pretty sure there was spinach protruding out of your crooked chompers too. Man, Walnut Creek is getting weird. OH YEAH, I was driving on Main Street again later today with Celeste, and there were street people, I'm talking full-blown, hackey sacking, dreadlock-sporting, Birkenstock-clad people, sitting on the sidewalk outside of Starbucks. I tell ya, Walnut Creek is def getting weird. Dad and Robert are off camping = heaven. That's enough for me - sleep beckons.

No comments: